Saturday, May 26, 2012

the writer

Since I was a leeeetle child I wrote short stories about princesses, kings who painted huge castles :O, and stories based on apples. Yep, apples . I've always wanted to write and publish a book, and it's number 3 on my bucket list.

Since I've been 9 yrs old or something, I would start a story--not really having a plot--hoping I had a future best-seller here, bust I'd just reach the first few paragraphs before my creative juices supply would run dry, or I would get bored with it. I'm still doing that now. However, thanks to this blog, I can write short stuff with an ending, which is a good thing. I need experience.

I've been praying real hard for a worthwhile, smart, fun, or even gripping subject to write a book about for a very long time. I know it's going to come some day. Patience. But I just hope I have enough determination by then not to drop it after a few sentences!

So to all the aspiring writers out there: if you want to write, & you have something worthwhile to say, don't wait around for better times or whatever, JUST DO IT.

All the best
Lara

"Writing is a lot easier if you have something to say."
Sholem Asch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment? Feel free! Gotta tell you though, all comments are moderated, so you may have to wait a day or so before they appear. :)