Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sea Sounds

I can hear it... The distant swooshing of the waves as they crash and tumble into the water from which they rose; the soft fizzing sound as they retract into the horizon to swell and tumble again in all their glory. As I hold the seashell that I picked up while scouring the beach for shells of interesting colours and shapes against my ear, the nostalgic feeling engulfs my heart and brings me back to those wonderful days at the beach. Even though I'm not standing facing the Indian Ocean with my feet covered with coarse, light-brown sand, the shell I'm holding against my ear takes me back to a place filled with wonder and joy. How I wish I was there now, diving into the salty, cool, blue water. This is one of my favourite memories. One that can easily be relived just by taking a shell that's lying around my house, and holding it against my ear. Some sand that I never managed to wash out of the shell escapes and falls on the floor, but I don't mind. It reminds me of all the times I spent at my country's extraordinary seashore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment? Feel free! Gotta tell you though, all comments are moderated, so you may have to wait a day or so before they appear. :)