Friday, May 04, 2012

Shift to Be Me


People can either “overdo” things or “under do” them. I tend to overdo a lot. Whether it’s over thinking something, overstating my point in conversation (while telling everyone to stop freaking out when I’m the only one who IS), and overreacting. Sometimes I try too hard to prove myself to people I really don’t have to prove myself to. I know overdoing may be trying too hard, or even caring too little…

So I need to find the balance on the scale and too little. Overdoing and under doing. Because when I do, I am who I really am—myself. I’ll be free. I won’t be the girl trying so hard to get others to like her, I’ll be the girl who is comfortable in her own skin. Because no one likes a fake.  And maybe, just maybe, I can help others to be their true selves too. 



Lara W.


"We may not know it, but most of us live to be known as someone else and not who we truly are."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment? Feel free! Gotta tell you though, all comments are moderated, so you may have to wait a day or so before they appear. :)