Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Big Sis



I have this old black statement t-shirt somewhere in my closet that reads in big letters “BIG SIS.” Ironically, the t-shirt is way too small for me now, but many a big sis or big bro (figuratively I mean…) experiences the following event somewhere in their lives…  My little sister is now a teen. Unfortunately for me, the older sister, she has also developed a new independence and stronger own opinion.  I have been so used to ordering her around (I have to admit) and getting my way, that this was quite a shock to my system… It just exploded on me, although I know it’s been coming for some time. But I’m not writing  this to complain; I’m writing this because I realize she needs to spread her wings, and I know it’s not going to be a walk in the park for me. Don’t get me wrong though, we have been best friends ever since…well, ever since forever.  And that’s how it’s going to stay.
May God bless our awesome friendship so it will never fail, and give us many more a ridiculous giggle, Mealworm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment? Feel free! Gotta tell you though, all comments are moderated, so you may have to wait a day or so before they appear. :)