Thursday, December 06, 2012

Life Right Now

It's December. End of year. Holidays are near! And I have quite a time lined up for me. Here's a sort of overview of things up and coming this December...

  • I've got about 2 more weeks of school left until it's officially VACATION TIME.
      • And 3 more artworks (and other school work) to do before that...
  • I am thinking of joining an exchange student program in 2013... which costs a lot of thinking time and research--really time consuming. But I'm praying and it's a fun process, so hopefully things go well!
  • Christmas is seeeriously near and I'm reaally excited. Family, friends (a bunch of little boys running around, me chasing them, and eventually them scaring me with a little spontaneous present....a frog.), presents (nothing big, just little special things, and to us its symbolic of the Gift God sent us more than 2,000 years ago--Jesus Christ--which is really cool), and deeelicious food! Oh, dare I get started on the food? 
  • For Christmas I want to donate to a missions organization, I think one that helps people in India. I'm excited to do that! 
  • And last, but not least, my gran is visiting us for the holidays. I'm so GLAD she'll be here, because I have this tough accounting thing to do and she's a pro at that, so good thing she's joining us for the festive season.
Right now I'm wondering what's happening in other people around the world's lives during this Christmas season. Drop a comment and let me know! 
But wait! Yesterday I discovered some awesome Roald Dahl quotes from his books. He's my all-time favourite kids books writer. One of the most fantastic quotes is this one:
“If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.
A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” 
― Roald Dahl, The Twits

And with that, au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment? Feel free! Gotta tell you though, all comments are moderated, so you may have to wait a day or so before they appear. :)