Sunday, December 16, 2012

End of Year Syndrome

Have you ever had a feeling where you feel sort of restless inside, but don't know what it's for? Like it's an anticipation for something exciting to happen soon, but yet you have no clue why you even have the feeling...  For a while now I've had this feelingand then at the same time I do want some change in my life--for the better, of course--not that I need it so badly, but I just want to experience something different for a change. Repeat. For the better... Because so many people are so desperate for change in their lives that they seek new experiences in all the wrong places. That's NOT what I want; I want something uplifting, maybe so effective that it's life-changing. I suppose it's because I realize that 2013 has a lot in store for me, and there's also the fact that my vacation is near and you never know what to expect--life is an adventure! Both are definitely factors. But, plainly put, I am yearning for something new, because for so long now it's just been the same routine over and over. And this excitement isn't helping. Because it's making it very hard for me to concentrate on the tasks I have to get done before I can kick off my shoes and just relax. 

So...after writing this long post...I realize I have a typical case of what I now call "End of Year Syndrome." I think a lot of people get this. Isn't it so obvious? Do you have it too? The year is coming to an end, and I'm so excited for the new experiences that lie ahead that I'm all mixed up. My ability to keep my excitement in tow, my concentration, and even my work ethic: all gone with the wind. Therefore, I have just diagnosed myself with End of Year Syndrome. If you are experiencing the same things, I have just the right treatment for you (although I have to admit it might not be exactly...enticing...). So here's your prescription: Byt vas en sit skouer aan die wiel, jy is amper daar. Afrikaans for: Hold on and work hard, you're almost there:) 

And while you're at it, don't count the days...make the days count! (Mohammed Ali)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment? Feel free! Gotta tell you though, all comments are moderated, so you may have to wait a day or so before they appear. :)