Thursday, November 01, 2012

Show and Tell

I have, much to my disgust, come to the stage many bloggers have been through themselves--that of "I-haven't-posted-on-my-blog-for-ages-and-now-my-blog-is-dying." Eeew.
However, I don't intend on leaving my blog to rot and decay any time soon. So I've finally dragged myself to the PC with the little commitment I still have left and vowed not to leave until I have successfully written and posted something worthwhile.

I was in the Western Cape (a beautiful province here in South Africa for all those who don't know) for 6 weeks and came back home last week. I could bore you with the usual "oh, it was really exciting and awesome" story, but I think it'll do much better to just say that the Western Cape is now my second home. If I could, I would've made it my first home in the first place. From the people to the views, from the beaches (despite the water being so cold it can freeze a melted chocolate within seconds) to the food, from the shops to the farms (and I could go on), the Western Cape really has it all. The Western Cape has the most quirky, inspiring, unique, and exquisite places to brag with, and now I can at least show some of it through my (and my camera's) perspective.

“This cape is the most stately thing and the fairest cape we saw in the whole circumference of the earth.” 
– From the journal of Sir Francis Drake, on seeing the Cape for the first time, 1580


Wheat fields ready to for the harvest

My sister and I in my fave pic of all time...
AMAZING Rockformations
 (Wolfberg, Cederberg Mountains)
Young fruit trees in blossom

Colourful pavements at Kalk Bay, Cape Town
Green Point Stadium (Cape Town),
12  o'clock at night after a concert.
One of the coolest places [a MUST visit]:  Sedgefield Classic Cars 
Western Cape, you can expect me to be back very, very soon.
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment? Feel free! Gotta tell you though, all comments are moderated, so you may have to wait a day or so before they appear. :)