Sunday, November 04, 2012

Clocks

Tonight, looking back on my previous posts, I realized how quickly things have changed over the past few months since I started this blog. A few months ago, the year still lay ahead far into the distance. But now I'm already looking back at the year as one that has come to an end. Next year was next year, still far in the future. Now next year is almost in sight; plans for the year ahead are cemented into place...whereas a few months ago I was still living fully in 2012. Now I'm living on the edge of a year slipping into the next, picking up speed every day.

Time flies, as we all know. And yet many times it feels like the time just cannot pass quickly enough (I had quite my share of those moments this year). Our time is ticking away so quickly and we don't always realize it. There are so many things I wanted to do this year that I simply just didn't get around to, because every time I thought, "there's always tomorrow." Tomorrow turned into next week, and...we all know how that works. But we can't live our lives thinking we've still got more than enough time. If you know you should do something, especially when you know God's putting it on our heart, don't just sit there waiting for better weather. DO IT. Do not delay. If you see someone who needs help, don't wait for someone else to come along...it may be too late. Benjamin Franklin once said: "You may delay, but time will not."
DO SOMETHING.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to comment? Feel free! Gotta tell you though, all comments are moderated, so you may have to wait a day or so before they appear. :)